Damp Course Cream or Fluid?
We all once had that feeling of information overload. Once we know too much, making a decision can be extremely confusing and comparing products seems to be an impossible task. That is why we created a check list with the difference of Tech-Dry Damp Course Cream and Tech-Dry Damp Course Fluid. Here are all the facts, and you decide what suits you better:
Tech-Dry DPC Cream System
Injected into mortar line. Penetrates mortar and brick.
- You can treat double and triple brick walls from one side only.
- Installation can be faster (compared to Fluid system) saving on labor costs.
- Smaller installation of just a few metres can be more economically treated with just a few DPC cartridges using a standard caulking gun.
- For DPC Cream installation, drill a 12mm diameter hole horizontally into the mortar line at 80mm apart.
- Mortar needs to be in fair condition for DPC cream installation. If mortar line is in bad condition repair mortar first then install DPC cream.
- For installations of more than 14m of single brick-wall or 7m of double brick-wall it is more economical to use the DPC Cream Bulk cream that comes in 5L and 20L. Application is via a manual pressurised pump. We have two types available depending on the size and frequency of use.
- Contains no solvents. DPC Cream is a water-based product.
- Easy clean up with cold water.
Tech-Dry Fluid System
- Injected into bricks.
- Damp-course fluid penetrates the whole brick and often penetrates the brick below as well. 300ml of fluid is injected into each brick through the two holes at 120mm apart.
- With double brick walls you must treat both sides.
- When you have timber floors and need to install a damp-course system behind the skirting board the fluid system will penetrate down below floor level stopping dampness occurring around the timbers.
- Drilling holes 10mm diameter holes every 120mm apart at a 45 deg angle.
- Length of time for damp-course fluid to penetrate bricks varies due to the porosity of the bricks and how wet the bricks are. May vary between 30 minutes to overnight.
- You require an applicator pack (re-usable) and the amount of fluid required for installation.
Needing more information? Why not just give us a call? 03 9699-8202